Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been building a Colorado since late 2010. I purchased this truck after we had a baby and needed more room. I had a 2003 Jeep Rubicon that I miss a lot. I decided to purchase this truck because I like to think I can see what it could be. I spent a lot of money and time in this project and I have been happy for the most part. I cannot stress how important this site has been to my project. Thanks to everyone and glad to finally be a member.:355group:

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Welcome. Let's see some pics.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took a pic of my truck...nothing too fancy. I built it for camping. It works great for trips up to 4-5 days. Oh well...There are several trucks on this site that helped give me ideas. I actually took a few pics of my truck, but could only upload one I guess?

Attachments

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
:welcome2:

Its cool to see the fruits of your labor

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shot of the bed with camping stuff and fuel tank.

Attachments

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
How many gal. is the tank? Is it strictly stand alone or tied into your main tank

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It is tied into the fuel filler neck with barbed fittings. I hit the fuel pump switch in the cab and transfer while driving. I have a second fuel gauge as well. The tank is 35 gallons. It gives me roughly 750 miles without getting fuel. I tow a small camper sometimes and it helps a lot.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Pretty bad ass.

That would have been a good "How To" article

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah good point. The install was easy. It just wasn't cheap.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Somethings you just can't cheap out on.......especially something that can go boom

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somethings you just can't cheap out on.......especially something that can go boom
I feel the same way about guns!!

Spend money once and spend money right!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts