Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2011 Colorado developed a problem receiving XM radio, the issue was traced to a defective antenna, P.N. 20802740. This is the black module on the passenger side roof and is the antenna for the for the cell phone (On Star) , GPS and the XM radio. My dealer advised that this part is now discontinued, I have tried LQK Order on line, but they shipped the regular AM/FM radio antenna and it's associated cable, which I have returned

Has anyone hadthis same issue and where you able to locate a replacement from another GM car or truck? The GM and AC Delco Part Number 20802740 is only listed as used on the Colorado and Canyon versions.

Many thanks, Rich

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think you have an incorrect part #. I looked on a GM parts website and that # is not listed under radio / antenna , even as a discontinued part , for a 2011.:unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was used only on 2011 and 2012 Colorado and Canyon models. Enter parts number on AC Delco site and you can see picture of it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It looks like you have two options for this. A salvage yard may be able to hook you up with one , best option I believe. In the past a dealership could do a regional or national part search for you through their data base and locate an item that is in inventory as NOS . Slim chance for that unfortunately but you can ask them .That is not likely as this wouldn't seem to be a part that would require replacement and not pose a need to stock one. It would only be ordered as needed from parts central , which we know discontinued it.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
try car-part.com i see some listed and you can also do a live chat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, but that is just the little antenna that mounts onto the 20802740. I think that is used for just the cellular connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced the XM Radio antenna on my 2011 Colorado today with GM Part number 20791465. Available on EBAY, and all works fine again!I

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe so, the XM radio is a module GM added to onto your AM/FM factory radio plus the roof top antenna. I see a lot of auto re-cyclers have them in their inventory. Mine Colorado came from the factory with XM radio. You might check with XM radio directly as they have an add on XM tuner & antenna packages... If you current truck radio has auxiliary input this would be an easy install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts