Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Canyon Crew Cab SLE L5. The battery went dead after sitting up for a few days. This is not the first time this has happened so I purchased a new battery. After installing the new battery, everything worked fine except the XM. The tuner would show channel information, but there was no sound. Spent an hour on the phone with Sirius and they finally told me I needed to take it to the dealer and have them do a hard reset.

Does anyone know how you do a hard reset? One dealer said it would cost $100 to reprogram and if it didn't work I would still have to pay for it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Found this on anothor site so I'm not sure if it applies or not..

To Reactivate/Refresh the XM Digital Radio Receiver, follow the steps below:

Tune radio to XM Channel 1 (Preview Channel), verify audio is heard. Tune to XM Channel 0 to obtain 8 digit XM radio ID. Allow 3-5 seconds for the text to page from XM RADIO ID to the actual ID number (press the clock button on the top-left bank of buttons if the display times out and returns to the date/time page). If Channel 0 cannot be tuned, connect the Tech 2 (or GDS with MDI on the 2010 & 2011 Global A vehicles) and navigate to the Module ID Information page and record the Radio ID. The Radio ID info is 8 alphanumeric characters.

Go to XM refresh website www.xmradio.com/oemrefresh and enter the 8 digit XM radio ID.

Park the vehicle where it may receive a clear satellite signal and have the vehicle running

Tune radio to XM Channel 1 (Preview Channel)

The process may take up to 20 minutes to receive the complete XM™ channel list

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
The more I think about it, the more it sounds like an communications issue with the digital antenna. It may just be a coincidence that it occurred when the battery was replaced.

Any way I would check all of the antenna connections and make sure that none of them are loose or disconnected. I believe there are 3 locations where the antenna could be loose or disconnected. At the radio, behind the glove box and at the headliner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts