Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 22's.. zq8 suspension..

will 2" blocks level my ass end out or will i need a drop in the front also?

in other words.. if i used 2" blocks will the front be higher or level with the rear?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
You'll want a 1" block to level it out.

2" blocks and your front end will be an inch higher than the rear.

Park on a level ground and take a tape measure from the ground to the edge of the fender lip at the center of your front and back wheels. You should see the rear is up 1" higher than the front.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
You'll want the 2" drop springs.

The 1" drop springs will give you the same ride height you have now.

The 2" drop springs will drop you about another 3/4" that you're looking for -- you can cut them to drop you a full inch.

But I have no experience with 22's and don't know how much clearance you have as of now to make this drop work.

What's your tire size?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Do your tires stick out from the side of your truck at all??? If so, I would just go with a 1" block in the back to level. JMO

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
OK, so they're 28" tall which is the stock Z85 tire height.

What I'm unsure about is what a 1/2 drop on ZQ8 would equate to on a Z85....

I would wager and say you might be OK with some trimming, but I'm going to hold off and hope Brewer or someone else comes in here to help verify.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Do your tires stick out from the side of your truck at all??? If so, I would just go with a 1" block in the back to level. JMO
Mine opinion too. It looks damn good as it is! Seems to fill out the gap pretty nice with just the rims/tires.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
call me crazy but that thing looks tits the way it is.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
badass looking truck 2wenty2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts