Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a dropped ext cab using belltech 2in springs and adj stuts. over the weekend i bought an xtreme, which i want to bring lower. so what would the out come be if i took the lowering springs and strut pack from the ext cab and put it into the xtreme. would it fit and what kind of drop would i end up seeing, and vise versa.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Will fit no problem. Your taking out 1/2in drop coils and adding in 2in drop coils so you'll get about an inch and a half of drop with just the coils alone. With the adjustable struts you can get another inch of drop neting you about 2 1/2 inches of drop.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Depending on the struts, I guess the newer ones will give you 2 inches of drop now, old ones were 1 inch drop.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt get a measurement before i put the springs and struts on my ext cab. so im not sure of the total drop i got. it did always think it was a bit lower then 2ii would have figured that the xtremes were lowere then just a 1/2 inch.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
They are 1 in lower, the coils make up 1/2 and the spindles make up the other 1/2. If the ext cab was a Z85 then you should of had 2 inches depending on how many spacers you left out on the struts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i get the full 2in drop from the struts, i didnt use any extra spacers. so compaired to the stock z85 it will sit 2 1/2 lower, but compaired to where my xtreme sits currently will be 1 1/2 lower. makes sence.

and then when i put the stock coil and stut into the z85, it will sit 1/2 lower than stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts