Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time about the valve seating. Covered for 7 years or 100k from the date of purchase and that your entitled to a refund if you had to pay for it before this letter.

A part of me is tempted to take some track runs make this appear to make sure it will get fixed. It already idles like crap, i just dont have the check engine light.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
what the crap? So what are the symptoms to look out for? How will one know if their truck needs this?

And on a side note, the only letter I ever got from GM was for the brake light switch or whatever. How come everyone else has gotten all these letters???

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
partial misfire, SES light, and if continued use you get rough idle.

I might have to go to the good dealer locally and talk to them about it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This time about the valve seating. Covered for 7 years or 100k from the date of purchase and that your entitled to a refund if you had to pay for it before this letter.

A part of me is tempted to take some track runs make this appear to make sure it will get fixed. It already idles like crap, i just dont have the check engine light.
I think GM is just out to get you bro...heh

·
Registered
500 Posts
I got the brake light switch, gas cap, and Valve Guide problems

Most of the Valve Guide problems where in the the first half 06 colorados and h3

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So its not the valve seating, its the valve guides that are fubar'd? Does this pertain to both the I4 and I5?

Only letter I have ever received is the one about the brakes...and I got that 3 months late, heh

·
Registered
500 Posts
So its not the valve seating, its the valve guides that are fubar'd? Does this pertain to both the I4 and I5?

Only letter I have ever received is the one about the brakes...and I got that 3 months late, heh
oh ya sorry it is the seating. I haven't seen any of the i4s with this problem only the i5s. I'll aske some of the techs :355:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I guess it can happen on the 4,5,(6 trailblazer) engines the i5 is the most common but I remember doing alot of the trailblazers too :shrug:. gm should fix the problem and do a duramax colorado lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In my letter is said the '05 colorados with the I4 and the 3.5L I5 were having the valve seating problem. I just got my letter today. I feel the same as ZQ8Dude and am wanting to somehow make this appear so it will get fixed. Mine idles funny now but no SES light on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got the same letter in the mail one day last week. Kinda went hmmm thats strange and through it in the file cabinet. I hope once she is out of warranty she will be getting a built 350 but who knows I may just bag it and drive it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
So this has nothing to do with the exhaust valve spring issue in the 04's right?
It does in a way. I think Turbizzy said the valve spring replacement was GM's original fix before they knew what was really wrong. The real problem was premature valve seat wear, which is why the new fix is a replacement cylinder head.

I got the letter Saturday, it says it applies to all 04-05 I4's and I5's. It doesn't say it extends the warranty on everything either, the only thing they'll fix is the cylinder head issue.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...go go GM head design? What sucks right now is I can't tell if my idle is rough from my shit-tastic midas done exhaust or if its the engine itself...I think its the exhaust cause my engine hardly moves under the hood and most of the vibration and rattle is felt from my seat and behind...sooooooooooooooo, i'll have to play around with this when I have time...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It does in a way. I think Turbizzy said the valve spring replacement was GM's original fix before they knew what was really wrong. The real problem was premature valve seat wear, which is why the new fix is a replacement cylinder head.

I got the letter Saturday, it says it applies to all 04-05 I4's and I5's. It doesn't say it extends the warranty on everything either, the only thing they'll fix is the cylinder head issue.
hmmm...weird, mine says its covered for up to 7 years...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
hmmm...weird, mine says its covered for up to 7 years...
Yeah, the cylinder head issue is covered for 7 years or 100k miles. It doesn't cover the whole truck or even the whole powertrain though.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
got my letter for this today. after reading through here this is what causes the cylinder head issue? kinda confused on that part. i def was/am worried about having that problem down the road but if its def gonna get covered thats awesome.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts