Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you know when you get that point in your truck mod-ing where you finally realize what look you wanna go with? Well i think i got it. First off this is what my truck has: 2004 Chevy Colorado ext cab, silver birch, cariage works billet grill, tinted windows, k & n aftermarket intake, flowmaster cat back exhaust, with 20 inch MB KL-77 20x9 wrapped with 245/45/20 falkens.

So this is where I wanna go: add a 2/3 belltech drop ( i know most will say thats not low enough for a z85 or that i won't be happy with it, but i still need this truck to be practical ie. be able to drive over speed bumps without crazy manuevers).
Then i think i would like to add the painted z71 flares, largely because my wheels stick out about half an inch because they are 9 in wide, and i think the large flares look pretty sick on a lowered truck. Ive seen a few with this style and have always been intrigued.

Those are the two biggest upcoming mods and i would love your guys opinions, good or bad. I know this look may ruffle some feathers, but have at it, at least this site gives much better responses than the other sites.

Anyways here are some pics of where im at now (sorry for the dirt):

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome to the Nation!!!!!

It surely sounds like a good plan to me. I'm running the 2/3 drop with the extreme 18's and am happy!!!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
i think ur plan will look good. not sure on the z71 flares...cuz i personally haven't seen it. but i'll suggest that you color match ur handles.....thats wat i just did this week. its cheap, easy, and there's a great how-to. trust me it'll set the truck off.

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
Sounds good...You will want to go lower for sure....so take that into account...also why not try the zQ8 flares and if you dont like them than go with the z71 flares...never hurts to try ?????

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I think it'll look good too. The drop at least. Not sure on the Z71 flares, I'd have to see it done in person to form an opinion....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts