Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Z85 crewcab didn't come from the factory with a rear swaybar.
Three years ago someone here suggested I add a Beltech rear sway to improve ride (and handling of course). The difference was huge!!! One of the best mods I've made.

My truck is an '05 with 130K on her and I have QA1 coilovers.
I'm wondering if it's worth replacing the OE front swaybar with a Beltech unit..

I'll take any handling improvement I can get, but I'm wondering at the moment about how this might affect my ride quality (if any)..

Anyone wanna take a swing at this for me?

·
Registered
994 Posts
My Magic 8 Ball says 'All signs point to Yes', it should even things out if you already have the rear Belltech (my drive home concerns mountains and curvy river road, you can tell lol)
Have front Belltech one on my Amazon truck parts wishlist $148-> still looking around for a better price though.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I put the BellTech set on my Z85 and I could tell the difference. The front bar is larger diameter and a Z85 doesn't have a rear bar. So the set helped the handling. It should be a good move to install the front bar since you already have the rear bar. Also you may want to look at the QA1's for the rear as you have them on the front too.

·
Registered
994 Posts
<thinking> maybe I should be a little more clear... kk

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=willie+hicks+rd,+reliance,+tn&ie=UTF-8&ei=_0JRU8hmyZHIBPj5gagC&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Basic route to my office every day, pay attention to the Highway 30E portion next to the river, then we have the NASCAR turn on the other side of the mountain, hairpins, etc.
Now, just relating a story I heard one time about 6 months ago, I, I mean this guy was behind a tinted-out Suburban and the guy pulls over to let me pass. Well lo and behold, he tears out behind me.. the guy and figures 'We Have A PLAYAAAAH!' and takes off. Sub tries and fails to keep up, traffic ahead so slow down (not going to get another damn bullshit criminal reckless driving ticket, expunged), guy catches up and as we turn the bridge, go over the tracks, and now notice Sub has blue lights all over the damn thing, undercover about rips my door off opening it, telling me about his crusade against meth (which is ok by me) blah blah blah and he wasn't going to give the guy a ticket cuz he was fighting crime (how do you undercover and pull folks over for traffic issues? Putz). His partner just grinned and said my truck was pretty zippy. lol. ANYWAYS, going through the river road (hwy 30E), having the Belltech in the back and the stock in the front, there is a noticeable difference between how they control both ends. That kind of sickish feeling in your ass when the vehicle is just barely under control, that kind of thing. That's why I say I'm going to even things out ;)
Btw: Current record from that guy's house to bottom of river road is 7 mins 34 secs in a 2/3 Pontiac Vibe on empty clear roads... from what I hear anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts