Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
z85 and zq8 control arms are the same so yes you can use djm 3" lowering control arms on a z85 or zq8. But on a zq8 its actuley a 4-4 1/2 inch drop beacuse the extreme's and zq8's have smaller tires and 1 1/4 inch factory lowering springs.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
z85 and zq8 control arms are the same so yes you can use djm 3" lowering control arms on a z85 or zq8. But on a zq8 its actuley a 4-4 1/2 inch drop beacuse the extreme's and zq8's have smaller tires and 1 1/4 inch factory lowering springs.
what would you recommend? do you think ill rub in the front. thats what im most concerned about. the front tires are alined w/ the fender so i dont think i can tuck. what do you think. is tucking possible?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could probley do it but your going to have to run smaller tires. Anything is possible its finding the right combo.
yea but a 4-4.5" drop might be too much. i was eyeballing the gap and it looks like about an 1" between tire and the fender in the front and about 2" between the tire and bedside panel in the rear. 1/2 drop doesnt sound good enough to me. so i dont wanna except the fact that thats the only choice i have w/ out rubbing. belltech's zq8 drop kit is a 2/2 but doesnt mention anything about xtreme's and rubbing w/ the fender flares ("body kit moldings").

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have a ZQ8 with 2" bell tech ball joints and I have like 2" between my tires and fender. (the acctual fender not the flare, I rub a whole lot)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
you wont rub the flares but the inside of the fender.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a ZQ8 with 2" bell tech ball joints and I have like 2" between my tires and fender. (the acctual fender not the flare, I rub a whole lot)
you wont rub the flares but the inside of the fender.
Damn a lot? I mean I dont care. My turning radias sucks already. Every other u-turn is like a 3 point turn :lol: i just dont want to turn the wheel a little and be rubbing already you know what i mean. ill be makin turns like a 18 wheeler :lol:

Get ahold of tweaker on here. He's got an xtreme with 2' ball joints and 3" blocks. I dont think the flares will be a problem. Probley just barley rub them.
yea im going to PM him. thanks dude.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I dont rub on the sides at all, I can turn full lock, But I am talking about scrubbing while driving on roads that arent smooth as glass...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
a little but it is still pretty bad. I think it is because of the overall size of my wheels, if I got smaller tires it will be much better. I have like 2" between my tire and top of my fender. It was worse before the alignment was done. I had less than an inch.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a little but it is still pretty bad. I think it is because of the overall size of my wheels, if I got smaller tires it will be much better. I have like 2" between my tire and top of my fender. It was worse before the alignment was done. I had less than an inch.

the balljoints threw off your alignment?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im going go w/ 3" blocks in the rear. remove the bump stops completely? any harm in that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts