Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of either Z85 or Z71 wheels for my '05 Colorado Z85 WT. I would also consider the ZQ8 wheels if they would fit on my Z85 and not jack up the speedo that much.

I live in Florida and would be willing to drive to the state line to pick them up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Rims won't alter the speedometer. The size of tire you wrap around the rim though.

There are many calculators online that will do the math for you if you don't know how to calculate the tire size. Just pick the new tire size to closely match your stock tire size and you'll all set.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rims won't alter the speedometer. The size of tire you wrap around the rim though.

There are many calculators online that will do the math for you if you don't know how to calculate the tire size. Just pick the new tire size to closely match your stock tire size and you'll all set.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Here is one web site that is easy to use and read.
Input the stock tire size in one area. Input the desired tire size in the other. Compare the diameter.
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

A general rule, subtract 5% sidewall for each inch increase in wheel
For example, if your tire now is 235/75-15, a 235/70-16 would be similar in size. Play with the numbers until you're happy with the comparisons.

You could even try something like 255/65-16. A wider tire and similar height to stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts