Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard would it be to swap the front suspension on a z85 to a z71?
I couldn't find a tread about this anywhere I figured there would be.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Ditto X 2 ^^^^

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
If you want a z71 2wd it could be done but I pretty sure it would require the front frame clip of a z71 welded in place of the coil sprung frame. As far as if it's worth it? Seems like a LOT of fabricating.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm alright! I was wanting more lift out of it and I would prefer a z71 front suspension. I'm gonna keep the truck till I absolutely have to get a new one since it's paid off. just seems like it would be a lot less of a hassle in the long run on my ball joints lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
hmm alright! I was wanting more lift out of it and I would prefer a z71 front suspension. I'm gonna keep the truck till I absolutely have to get a new one since it's paid off. just seems like it would be a lot less of a hassle in the long run on my ball joints lol
Well you could do the 5" lift spindles if looks are what your going for. Add a coil spring spacer if you want to go higher.

·
Registered
182 Posts
To be honest since your 2wd the coil spring suspension is a lot cheaper and easier to lift. 5" CST spindles for 2wd are right around 1k where as the CST 5" lift for torsion bars are closer to 2k

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
To be honest since your 2wd the coil spring suspension is a lot cheaper and easier to lift. 5" CST spindles for 2wd are right around 1k where as the CST 5" lift for torsion bars are closer to 2k

You can actually find them for about 600-700 new. I got mine a hell of a lot cheaper than that. There's a member on here now selling his new for 400 plus shipping currently :shrug:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts