Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a drop can I expect if I put ZQ8 coils in place of my Z85's?

Thanks.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
ok stock z85 15" tires are 205 75 15= 27.1 Tall

Stock xtreme 18's are 235 50 18=27.3 to 27.4 Tall

What your going to run is 245 45 18= 26.6 to 26.7 Tall

Stock zq8's are 235 50 17=26.3 Tall

Those are over all tire diameter. So I guess you will sit at stock zq8 height but with 18's

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rrcn...what are you pairing them with to get the 3" in the front? I was going to use them by themselves, but hoping for about 2" drop (doubtful, from what brewer stated). I can get a pair for $50 off of craigslist.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is that safe? also, wouldn't it be a pain in the ass to cut them, install them and then realize I need to cut another 1/2 coil off to get 2"??? shit, i need someone local that can help me...

*edit: is $50 a good deal for them?

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
50's not bad. Belltech 4203 springs new are around 100 and that will give you 2". If money was an issue i would do the zq8 and cut them. I have had my belltech 4203's cut for about 3 years now. heck I cut them before i even installed them the first time. There safe man pa roads are crap. I am going to sell my springs after I relower my truck but brakenit has first dibs i give you seconds if your intrested?

How low do you really wanna be? because I would look into 3 in the front if I were you.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

I cut one wrap off the passenger side coil spring and a half of a wrap off the driver side. The springs are Belltech 4203 Springs. I got 3" out of a 2" spring after I cut them. And I also got rid of the chevy lean.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
what size tires are you running rrcn? and make sure you mesure before you lower it. I allways forget
I currently have a 2/3 with 4203 coils and 3" blocks.

I'm going to go down to a 3/4 with balljoints and 1" coils + ZQ8 coils and 2" blocks, but will try a 4/5 without a notch first.

I'm trying out the 4/5 only because I already have the 3" blocks and 2" coils.

I'll be using the ZQ8 coils because the guy I'm buying my leafs off of doesn't want to seperate the leafs and coils and it's been really difficult for me to be able to find the ZQ8 leafs, so I'm going to have to take them and I might as well put 'em to use.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
brakenit has first dibs i give you seconds if your intrested?
If flatman want's 'em he can have them. I think I'll be able to find new boots to use with these balljoints now, and I wouldn't be able to use that much of a spring drop + bj's.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
one thing to remember is there are multiple zq8 springs out there. If you have a RC 4 cyl and put on ZQ8 springs from a crew cab 5 cylinder. You might not drop at all because of the weight differences between the two. So the opposite would be true, if you had a crew cab 5 cyl z85 and put on zq8 springs from a RC 4 cyl, it could potentially drop it up to 2" i would guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts