Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 colorado xtreme and i wanna lower it to where there is not a lot of gap between the 20''s im gonna put on it and the fender flare. whats the best way?

·
Registered
297 Posts
idk about the best way but i would use belltech coilovers or belltech drop balljoints and 3" blocks for the rear. no fender gap.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
i dont agree with the 3 in blocks. if you drop the front 2 in, to use the 3in blocks will put you a little higher in the front. barely, but still. 2in blocks looks closer to level and you dont have the axle hitting the frame on harsh terrain. use helper bags or air shocks to keep the bed as usefull as it was stock. also, with any change of rear height, its good to change the shocks out. stiffer is better when you go low.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Do they make 3'' ball joints?
and can you stack blocks?
would a zq8 be able to have a 3/4 with out much problems?

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
dont think so.
yes but not very safe if over 3in.
have to notch the frame in the back. front is very possible. may scrub a little.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so belltech ball joints and 2 inch blocks? would i need drop shock in the front and back?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would it make the ride smoother if i had them in the front and back

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There's nothing out for the front yet.

I have the Belltech Nitro drop shocks and they're pretty good. I'd like to go with something stiffer though. :shrug:
is there something stiffer?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like the ss bumper. how much was it to get it painted and all? how much $$ am i lookin at spendin for the lowerin kit and nitros??

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
air shocks or helper bags would be another good alternative. thats the way im going....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts