Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nation,

I know I have been asking a lot of questions lately, and I cannot thank you all enough for the help you have provided me. I just installed my DJM 3/4 kit on my z85 this weekend and i love it! I am very impressed with the ride quality, no slapping yet...ive tried. I had oversize tires on my truck prior to this and it is like a whole new truck. Anyways, I have a guy about 2hrs 45min away that wants to swap out his ZQ8 Coils, Spindles, bumpstops and leafs for my Z85 ones, and he will do all the labor to swap the parts. I really want to do this. (His truck has 60k and mine has 120k, so he wants to keep his struts...he is going to swap the springs from our trucks)

So I have already asked you guys where to find U-Bolts as I want to replace the DJM ones when I take them off with some new ones and ultimately wanted some that are 1.5 inches longer, so i found a semi spring shop that can make them in 10min....just like you guys said. So those are in the bag.

Now, originally I was going to get lower ball joints and remove a leaf soon to get the truck where I want it to be, but then I found this opportunity to get it where I want "FOR FREE".

So here are my questions. I want to do this really bad, and I am planning to notch my Truck in August. Can I go and swap parts with this guy this weekend and ride my truck "kindly" until I get it notched???? I have small enough tires that this will work fine if I can manage to do this without "needing" a notch immediately.

Please share your thoughts my friends. I really want to go through with this deal!!

I have attached some pics of my truck too...work in progress so be nice, new wheels coming very soon.. Cant access image hosting sites from work so...

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's with mike, just got new u bolts made today for the swap. Can't wait, gonna be low!

It will drop her 1 inch

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Prego, it's in there!

He's changing leafs. The drop stuff is based off a Z85 suspension so you'll be fine. Right now you have a true 3/4 drop, with the ZQ8 suspension you might come up a little.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I may go up a little with zq8 coils, spindles, and leafs???

I'm still keeping the LCA's and 4" blocks/ my DJM 3/4 kit.

Shouldn't I get another inch lower overall, 4/5?? That's where I want to be. If swapping my z85 front coils, spindles and rear leafs for zq8 ones....shouldn't I be there? It will be a bit rough when I hit a bump until notched but highway should be ok??

Notch is coming next month......but it's my daily so I need to be functional until then

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I swap to zq8 spindles, coils and leafs I will gain around another inch on my overall drop (front/back)?

It will be a bumpy ride until i get my notch :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not worried about chevy lean right now, ill deal with that once I am done lowering it. Right now I just want to know that if I swap to zq8 spindles, coils and leafs fromz85 ones will I gain around another inch on my overall drop (front/back)? So basically zq8 spindles, coils and leafs and a DJM 3/4 kit will put me at like 4/5?

Ill get belltech chevy lean spacers if needed later on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts