Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I need some help here please.

I am about to buy some shoes for my Rado I can only afford used ones for the time being, so I have some questions.

What is the "size" of a ZQ8 wheel? 17"X8"?

Ok what is the offset also?

The biggest question/favor. Can anyone go and measure from the hub to the edge of their ZQ8 wheel so I can get a close guess on the offset?

Please guys I would much appreciate this.

Thanks, Lance

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
8'' wheel=28mm offset ZQ8
I did a search on another site and found this. Dont know if its right.

If you're looking at 17x8 wheels, ask one of the guys on here with a ZQ8 to check their offset, ZQ8 wheels are 17x8, so then all you'd need to do is find something with an offset close to that. I'm pretty sure ZQ8 wheels have a 28mm offset

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Anyone that has access to a ZQ8 wheel can tell you the offset, it will be a number cast into the backside of the wheel. It will probably be on the backside of the spoke in a recessed area. I'd go check but for me to do so I'd have to take a wheel off my truck, and it's been raining for the past 12 hours.

It is a 17x8" wheel like you guys have already said.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
The biggest question/favor. Can anyone go and measure from the hub to the edge of their ZQ8 wheel so I can get a close guess on the offset?
the offset is from the hub to the center

the backspace is from the hub to the rear edge of the rim.

if you need to figure out some shit, let me know. They are surely 8" and I think the offset above is correct.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
ok i just went and looked at my spare zq8s and Dlucas is correct 17x8 +28. also, incase you find some wheels that dont have the offset stamped i measured from the back of hub to back of rim lip and its appr. 5.75" backspace. so if you find 8.5" wheels just know you need to add that .5" to the backspace in which case you would be looking for about 6.25" of backspacing.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Yeah I typed this in a hurry.

The backspace is what I was really looking for.

Son of a bitch.

I am looking at some wheels used but they have a 5" or 5.25" backspace.

That won't work in the rear therefor I need at lease a 6.5-7"+ :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts