Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If I was a betting man, I'd put money on "no".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Of course not. GM has systematically chosen every thing I wanted for the 700 Colly/Canyon and scratched it off their to-do list.

Smaller than a full size truck(Or ideally S10 sized)? NO
Regular Cab? NO
V8? NO
Stick shift with the V6 (or more ideally V8)? NO
ZQ8/Xtreme? NO

It would take a lot for me to buy a 700 at this point. Hopefully the next generation is less of a disappointment.

·
Lifetime Member
743 Posts
Of course not. GM has systematically chosen every thing I wanted for the 700 Colly/Canyon and scratched it off their to-do list.

Smaller than a full size truck(Or ideally S10 sized)? NO
Regular Cab? NO
V8? NO
Stick shift with the V6 (or more ideally V8)? NO
ZQ8/Xtreme? NO

It would take a lot for me to buy a 700 at this point. Hopefully the next generation is less of a disappointment.
I totally agree with Rob on this one.
A regular cab anything would be nice.
A ZQ-8 would be ideal.
Wasn't there a blurb on here about a European reg. cab Coloorado

·
Premium Member
15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Our 3" drop kit and wheels will make a ZQ8... Add our blower if you want to blow the doors off a ZQ8.
If only you made a kit to convert the truck to a regular cab. :p

Honestly, that's the biggest deal breaker on a 700 for me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Our 3" drop kit and wheels will make a ZQ8... Add our blower if you want to blow the doors off a ZQ8.
If only you made a kit to convert the truck to a regular cab. :p

Honestly, that's the biggest deal breaker on a 700 for me.
No factory V8 (That I can add a blower too) is the biggest issue for me with 700's. I'm all for modding but I cant have my vehicle down for a few weeks while I make an engine fit.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
they do sell a blower for the V6

·
Registered
45 Posts
If they do offer it, they will probably want north of a $5000 premium for the V8 upgrade. They should do 2 versions- a SS 5.3 -375 hp single cab only 2 or 4 wd, then a non SS with the same motor for any cab/drive.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Hahaha. you will never blow the doors
off my ZQ8.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement, but honestly, it all comes down to numbers, i.e. the dyno sheet and ultimately, chance. While the supercharged V6 may pull away from the line quicker, it can still get sucked up by the 6.2 V8 while getting into the high RPM band and vice versa, again it's all in the dyno on the engine side, even then what happens on a straightaway and with the right drivers. There are so many variables in the mix when it comes to who can pull away from who from the line, to the transmission, finer details of the engine, even down to the skill of the driver.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is one sick looking truck!!!

Also, it all comes down to the weight to horsepower ratio. The better combo will win regardless of cubic inches. Never judge a book by its cover.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts