Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the ZQ8 shocks softer than Z85? Are they the same length?? My stock Z85 ride sucks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, rrcn do you know if the ZQ8 shocks are less stiff than Z85?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
edward all the front shocks are identical on the coil spring setups. their is only one part number, so regardless if its z85, zq8 or xtreme they all have the same front shock. the rear shocks are differant though, i would guess stiffer on the zq8/xtreme.

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
shocks to lower a truck? I wish!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
The ZQ8 and Z85 shocks have the same rebound rate. The differance between the two is the ZQ8 has the 1" drop in the front and rear via the springs and the ZQ8 has the standard rear swaybar.

So with that said the front shocks are interchangable between the ZQ8 and Z85, and the same goes for the rear.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
The ZQ8 and Z85 shocks have the same rebound rate. The differance between the two is the ZQ8 has the 1" drop in the front and rear via the springs and the ZQ8 has the standard rear swaybar.

So with that said the front shocks are interchangable between the ZQ8 and Z85, and the same goes for the rear.

Jeremy
rear shocks are actually differant between the 2. differant part numbers. im sure its because the zq8 has the drop so the travel is differant.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
not the stock ones atleast. the belltech's are the only lowering shock.
Well, yeah, I was referring to the stock ones since that was the question at hand. ;)

rear shocks are actually differant between the 2. differant part numbers. im sure its because the zq8 has the drop so the travel is differant.
And you're right, the rears are different.

I had pics of ZQ8 and Z85 rear shock comparisons somewhere, can't seem to find them ATM.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I'd like to add stock shocks suck lol. But they are made by KYB not delco.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
what kind would you reccomend?
Fuck I don't even know, theres really only 2 companies that make front shocks for us and thats Monroe and Belltech of course the Belltechs are lowering shocks and more expensive. For the rears you can use S10 rear shocks so there's plenty of options there.

Question is, what are you going for? Sounds like your complaining about the shocks being too stiff or harsh right? Well these aftermarket shocks are going to be much stiffer so as far as wanting softer shocks it don't get no softer than stocks lol.

You could try lowering your tire's air pressure down to 32 to 30 psi and see if that helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fuck I don't even know, theres really only 2 companies that make front shocks for us and thats Monroe and Belltech of course the Belltechs are lowering shocks and more expensive. For the rears you can use S10 rear shocks so there's plenty of options there.

Question is, what are you going for? Sounds like your complaining about the shocks being too stiff or harsh right? Well these aftermarket shocks are going to be much stiffer so as far as wanting softer shocks it don't get no softer than stocks lol.

You could try lowering your tire's air pressure down to 32 to 30 psi and see if that helps.
wouldn't that kill my gas mileage? I keep them at 33psi

1 - 20 of 43 Posts