Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriends dad can't stop talking about how good my stereo sounds! Everytime I see him he makes me play some classic rock and says.." Man...I've always wanted a nice stereo..."

Well, got all my bills paid off so I have alot of loot coming in now. Felt inclined to kind of give back to him for lettin me rail his daughter for 3 years....LOL j/k. Seriously though, her parents have always treated me nice so I wanted to hook him up with a system to say thanks. Just got him a regular Pioneer CD player, Pioneer 2 way 4x6's for the dash, and Pioneer 6.5's for the door, all he needs for his classic rock and country.

The whole set up was like overhaulin! lol I told him I was just gonna replace the pins and bushings in his door cause it drops an inch when you open it. (typical S-10's) We had her mom drive the truck to work because if her dad drove it to work, he doesn't get off till midnight and we didn't want to pick it up that late. Couldn't tell her mom about the plan cause she would've spilled the beans. Then she asked me to put front pads and rotors on too. So I did that, pins and bushings, and the CD player and speakers this morn at work. Also cleaned the piss out of it. Older people really don't take care of their cars...

My girl had him come up with her car (dropped it off for her mom to drive the night before) and they went flea marketing. I got home a lil before them and waited in the garage. So he's checking out the clean job and the brake job and I'm like "Check out the clean job on the interior" He sticks his head in and crapped a brick!!! Couldn't believe he finally had a nice stereo. Cranked it for a lil bit, then he had to go to work but he must've said "Man I really appreciate it" a dozen times, incredibly greatfull. Made me feel pretty good about it and I was happy to make him happy.

The funniest thing was when he was leaving......he stopped, stuck his head out the window and said....." My name is Jack and I've just been OverHauled!!!"

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, naw......it's my Apt complex. The garage that's open....I rent the left side out. Sucks sharing a garage, but my garage mate parks in there like 2-3 times in a 2 week period. He's either never there or he leaves his SUV outside for some dumb ass reason. Why pay extra if you never park in your garage??

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Awesome man, you get a scooby snack. Thats good to hear your gonna have some goodass karma now. Pioneer decks and speakers are soo affordable its really nice you were able to do that for him. I wanna do the same for my girl's mom, put a wireless camera for when they tow the boat. Maybe for christmas...

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys...:click:

Her mom called yesterday almost in tears because she was soo happy that he was soo happy... I swear, sometimes I get more excited to give a gift than to do something for myself! My dad has a 68 Firebird and he was always wanting that "Lope-y" muscle car idle....so I scored him a new cam for X-mas one year. I was sooo pumped to give it to him! The look on his face was well worth it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
dude thats cool. I did something similar to my fiance's dad. He always wanted a CD player so I told him I needed his truck one day for work (I was driving a civic at the time) so I took his truck and left him my car and I installed a cd player for him. He was so happy and greatful. I know what you mean when it feels good to give back, especially to the in-laws (or possible in-laws).

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Nice dude.

I wish it was that way with my G/Fs StepDad. Everytime there is something wrong with her truck he blames it on the stereo I put in it. Me and him are not on good terms...

Thats very awesome you did that for him man! Congrats bro! Clean install!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts