Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Cobo Hall in Detroit today making a delivery for the upcoming North American International Auto Show and while I was waiting to be unloaded a Reliable truck pulled up behind me. He was carrying a couple of concept cars plus this ZR2 concept. It may be the same truck shown in LA.

I was able to get up next to it and the gray-green color was awesome. It's hard to tell in my photos but the single exhaust exits through the bumper on the right side via a 3" or 4" black tip. I thought that was very cool.

Because it was in the single digits here today all the big trucks were idling and it was pretty noisy so I wasn't able to get a listen to the ZR2. I'm not even sure if this concept had the diesel in it since it is a concept. But the ride height and stance was really cool and really reminded me of the original S10 ZR2. It's got some real potential.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Holy hell I love the color!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Grown to absolutely love that color

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I love the truck either way

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
The color was one of the things I really liked about the truck. I wasn't able to get as close to it as you and didn't get to see the rear of it. Still not a fan of the new truck but this concept one looks good.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I want one, white with black accents and red trim. But for the price I'm sure they will want for it if it even gets into production I can make mine about 10x more capable so I'll keep my paid off truck lol. They do look good though

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had 2 S10 ZR2's and have been drooling over this new one since I saw it. Like others have said, I'm sure the price is going to really be ridiculous though. I guess I'll see what they are going for and where I am at when they do come out, and go from there (assuming it comes out).

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
The price is only as high as gm is willing to let them go lol, which in going to guess no less than $48k since the high trim levels now are $40-$43k or so and the diesel isn't even an option yet

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you get any interior peaks????
Unfortunately, no. I was so excited to see it coming off the trailer and the color that I didn't even think to look in the window. Plus its 'handlers' were all over it and I was trying to stay out of their way.

But, yeah, that color is awesome and I hope that the color makes it to production.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
The color looks really similar to the Seagrass Metallic that Chevy offers on other models.

I don't care for the extended cab, If it was a crew I would be more excited about it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure if anyone else is aware of this yet but from the info I got within GM the ZR2 is slated for a 2017 release date. Its going into production.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not sure if anyone else is aware of this yet but from the info I got within GM the ZR2 is slated for a 2017 release date. Its going into production.
Interesting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts