Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I've had this happen before... but on my camaro with manual windows. If you've got manual windows just try to push one down.

Otherwise man up and call a locksmith.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
If you didn't get it yet, heres what you do (from experiance). Grab the corner of your belt molding on the drivers door, you should be able to get your fingers in there enough to get some leverage and wiggle it up. The belt molding should come right off. Just be carefull that you don't bend it near the mirror, you will have to slide it out from under the mirror. Once you get that off there is a huge gap looking down inside your door. You should be able to just use a scredriver to push the lock rod and unlock your door. If you do wreck the belt molding, its probably a lot cheaper than a new window or a locksmith. Hope you get it unlocked.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ok...having troubble still.

the belt moulding is off and in tact. i see how the handle rod does its thing and its useless for what im trying to do.

the lock rod has now been pushed on (no unlock) and pulled on with a coat hanger(no unlock). im pushing and pulling on the end where it connects to the handle.

i dont see how it connects to the lock mech. at the side of the door cause theres the channel for the window travel in the way.

am i suposed to be trying to push the rod at the mechanisim or the handle end?

and tried the credit card on the slider again. the seal is too tight to get the card to bend 90 deg.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
see, i get that thats a fall back solution and what may happen, but im really wanting to figure this out.

i know how the lock shit works on the inside now and from previous experience installing a pass side door lock.

i really want to figure this out.

its like, if i could just get a grip on the lock rod to move it i might get it.

and this problem presented itself last night late when i was drunk and not thinking straight. this morning is the first real crack ive taken at the doors.

i guess im not frustrated now so much as perplexed by how om not able to unlock the door, even tho ive gained access to the inside of the door.

<<<<<definatly not good at being a crook.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
nope. even tried to do the other side(since the mech is upside down on the pass side) with no luck.

the dealer said he can cut me a key for 43 +tax off the vin #.

i needed a spare anyway.

side note: i cant even read the vin on the truck because of the foam shit on the dash covering it(known 355 problem). theyre gonna have to use the vin on file. :kiki:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
i got locked out of my truck once, all manual locks

called AAA and the guy used airbags in my door frame to make a gap, and had a rod that had a 90* bend at the end with a piece of rubber and pulled my lock open.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
i havnt given up yet. got till bout 330 today before i commit to the dealer.

ive GOT TO FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT. ITS BUGGING ME.

i dont wanna trade in my man card over a fucking door lock.

·
Premium Member
18,008 Posts
just thinkin', if you are sitting the truck and unlock the door you are pulling back on the lock., so are you pushing or pulling the lock rod foward or to the front of the truck???

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
just thinkin', if you are sitting the truck and unlock the door you are pulling back on the lock., so are you pushing or pulling the lock rod foward or to the front of the truck???
neither, it's moving down.

the door loks are hooked up to a cog, when the lock is flipped a cog rotates for the cable system on the powered units

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
but he has manual locks, is it the same??:shrug:
yea, theres a write up somewhere on how to add power locks to your manual locks, and there are interior shots of the panel

when adding the door locks you mount the actuator vertical and it lock/unlocks your knob side to side.

·
Premium Member
18,008 Posts
yea, theres a write up somewhere on how to add power locks to your manual locks, and there are interior shots of the panel

when adding the door locks you mount the actuator vertical and it lock/unlocks your knob side to side.
well hell, its never as simple as it seems......why would anyone think a switch that moves left and right would move something else up and down......my bad:ugh:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts