Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

641 - 660 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
King in the North
236 Posts
Any of the install videos. They're hosted on Photobucket.
Either this thread, or the installation how to thread.

@ATMINSIDE both installation videos work fine for me. They open in a new window and place fine on my end.

·
Registered
401 Posts
did the one I attached work for you?
Yep. Embedded Youtube vids work great.

@ATMINSIDE both installation videos work fine for me. They open in a new window and place fine on my end.
Huh, odd. I can't get it to work on two computers or my phone. This is on two different internet connections as well as on cell service. Even tried different browsers on all.

Maybe someone can answer my question without the video. The model I have utilizes the lower radiator hose sensor.
I assume I just cut up a factory hose, correct? It came with two more worm clamps, so not worried about that part.

·
Lifetime Member
618 Posts
Yep. Embedded Youtube vids work great.

Huh, odd. I can't get it to work on two computers or my phone. This is on two different internet connections as well as on cell service. Even tried different browsers on all.

Maybe someone can answer my question without the video. The model I have utilizes the lower radiator hose sensor.
I assume I just cut up a factory hose, correct? It came with two more worm clamps, so not worried about that part.
That's how mine installed
Cut the hose, I think I took out 1.5", and installed the sensor using the hose clamps.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I'll get a new hose to cut ahead of time.
This is a photo Supermod sent me for the V8 eFan lower return hose mod to install the thermal sensor. Since I have over 87k miles on my truck, I bought new upper/lower Gates hoses, new t-stat, and plan to flush the entire cooling system, then replace original hoses at same time cutting the new lower for the coupler.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my supermod efan on for three weeks now, driven hard in 100 degree weather with zero issues and very consistent temps. This is a great product. The install was easy except for the clutch fan removal; I lost a good part of a knuckle and ended up having to remove the belt and use a belt wrench. A little PB Blaster and some blood really loosened things up! Ha ha. I'm very happy with my efan.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Got mine just before the summer and after a few months I can easily say I feel the difference just off idle to top end pull. My city mpg’s haven’t changed and the only 200 mile hwy trip increased to 28.5 (normally 27.7). With our new Jeep Compass, my Coly is no longer our hwy road trip vehicle :( … So far so good with a 50/50 mix + 0.60 spacer + new t-stat, the engine rev’s considerably easier and the butt dyno is happy !

Below are a few notes I took along the way experimenting with antifreeze ratios … manipulating the ratio using a hand siphon pump and antifreeze refractometer was very easy. From the rad cap you can siphon out ~24oz. (3cups) adding either amount of just water or just antifreeze is enough to effect the ratio and cooling … ACDelco t-stat (#15-11073, #12622316) $26, AcDelco Dex-cool (#10-101, #12346290) $21, AS refractometer (#WL0037BK-ATC) $22, Wel-Bilt Extractor (#159433 $10),

1st try, efan + 60/40mix + old (weak) t-stat + 0.60 spacer = driving temps 185*, stopped it climbs to 199* and stays there… took a long time to warm up … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 85*-95*
2nd try, efan + 60/40mix + old (weak) t-stat + no spacer = driving temps 192*, stopped it climbs to 201* and stays there … still seemed too long to warm up … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 85*-95*
3rd try efan + 60/40mix + new OEM t-stat = driving temps rose quickly to 199-201*, but at a stop shot up to 208-212* and would not cool down past 208* … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*-100* the system was air locked (see notes)
4th try, efan + 60/40mix + a different OEM t-stat + 0.60 spacer = driving temps slowly rose to 197*, stopped climbs to 201-204* and cools back down to 201* seemed like perfect balance, but still slow to warm up in the am … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*-100*
5the try, same as above with a 45/55 mix. driving temps rose to 199*, stopped climbs to 201-204* and cools back down 201*, outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*- 98*
6th try, same as above with 50/50 mix. driving temps rose quicker to 199*, stopped climbs to 201-203* with spikes to 208* (I have not seen it go higher and this is also when the fan kicks on continuously as opposed to it cycling on/off with the A/C), it cools back down to 203* ... outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*- 98* I’ve satisfied my “what ifs” with this project ….

Note: when engine temp reaches ~208* bottom hose reaches ~192* for fan to kick on continuously
Note: the biggest indicator of air lock (air in the system) is a soft hose, you should not be able to pinch the hoses together once hot, higher than normal temperatures and you will see minimal temperature drop under hard acceleration or high idling at 2k rpm.. …
Note: the A/C feels much cooler while driving and most noticeable when stopped
Note: Prestone gauge and AS refractometer readings matched up very closely
Note: top notch, quality built and adding an “ON” indicator light was icing on the cake for an OCD guy like myself, Thanks, James !

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Got mine just before the summer and after a few months I can easily say I feel the difference just off idle to top end pull. My city mpg’s haven’t changed and the only 200 mile hwy trip increased to 28.5 (normally 27.7). With our new Jeep Compass, my Coly is no longer our hwy road trip vehicle :( … So far so good with a 50/50 mix + 0.60 spacer + new t-stat, the engine rev’s considerably easier and the butt dyno is happy !

Below are a few notes I took along the way experimenting with antifreeze ratios … manipulating the ratio using a hand siphon pump and antifreeze refractometer was very easy. From the rad cap you can siphon out ~24oz. (3cups) adding either amount of just water or just antifreeze is enough to effect the ratio and cooling … ACDelco t-stat (#15-11073, #12622316) $26, AcDelco Dex-cool (#10-101, #12346290) $21, AS refractometer (#WL0037BK-ATC) $22, Wel-Bilt Extractor (#159433 $10),

1st try, efan + 60/40mix + old (weak) t-stat + 0.60 spacer = driving temps 185*, stopped it climbs to 199* and stays there… took a long time to warm up … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 85*-95*
2nd try, efan + 60/40mix + old (weak) t-stat + no spacer = driving temps 192*, stopped it climbs to 201* and stays there … still seemed too long to warm up … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 85*-95*
3rd try efan + 60/40mix + new OEM t-stat = driving temps rose quickly to 199-201*, but at a stop shot up to 208-212* and would not cool down past 208* … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*-100* the system was air locked (see notes)
4th try, efan + 60/40mix + a different OEM t-stat + 0.60 spacer = driving temps slowly rose to 197*, stopped climbs to 201-204* and cools back down to 201* seemed like perfect balance, but still slow to warm up in the am … outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*-100*
5the try, same as above with a 45/55 mix. driving temps rose to 199*, stopped climbs to 201-204* and cools back down 201*, outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*- 98*
6th try, same as above with 50/50 mix. driving temps rose quicker to 199*, stopped climbs to 201-203* with spikes to 208* (I have not seen it go higher and this is also when the fan kicks on continuously as opposed to it cycling on/off with the A/C), it cools back down to 203* ... outside AM temps 77*-85*, PM temps 95*- 98* I’ve satisfied my “what ifs” with this project ….

Note: when engine temp reaches ~208* bottom hose reaches ~192* for fan to kick on continuously
Note: the biggest indicator of air lock (air in the system) is a soft hose, you should not be able to pinch the hoses together once hot, higher than normal temperatures and you will see minimal temperature drop under hard acceleration or high idling at 2k rpm.. …
Note: the A/C feels much cooler while driving and most noticeable when stopped
Note: Prestone gauge and AS refractometer readings matched up very closely
Note: top notch, quality built and adding an “ON” indicator light was icing on the cake for an OCD guy like myself, Thanks, James !

What adapter is this?

641 - 660 of 672 Posts