Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I want to start this out with thanking everyone who has contributed to this HOW TO. It was a wealth of information.

So I was able to score both front seats and a center console from a totaled 2006 H3 for $250 out the door.

The seats sat outside for a few days, hence the muddy cat paw prints. Cleaned up nicely.

I had to modify the center console due to the location of my CB Radio, and my switches.

Ignore the blue paint marker.

I'll be going to Lowe's and I'm going to fabricate a storage tray where the H3 shifter once was. That'll be a few weeks to finish it. I'll post pictures when it's complete.

So I pretty much had an aneurism while staring at the two harnesses. But somehow figured it all out. The heater LED on the driver side is out but still heats up great!

Thanks again to all who has posted information.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Wish the Deal with the pics had not happened to the Nation !!! I could really use the info detailed out here by James... Going to attempt to get the H3 Chairs and console installed in my 355 !! Console will probably be a Nightmare !! LOL

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wish the Deal with the pics had not happened to the Nation !!! I could really use the info detailed out here by James... Going to attempt to get the H3 Chairs and console installed in my 355 !! Console will probably be a Nightmare !! LOL
Ill help with the console when you are ready to do this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi this is Dennis new member, 08 Colorado; doing a H3 power seat from manual conversion; looking over "HOW TO: Install Hummer H3 Power Heated Leather Seats & Armrest", I can't view the pictures; any suggestion please...

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Hi this is Dennis new member, 08 Colorado; doing a H3 power seat from manual conversion; looking over "HOW TO: Install Hummer H3 Power Heated Leather Seats & Armrest", I can't view the pictures; any suggestion please...
Send me a txt for pics 732-690-6443

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, I am getting ready to do a manual to H3 Leather seat conversion; in reviewing the threads on this topic there is excellent information but I am unable to view all the pictures (of the wiring which is what I need); I keep getting a picture of a cat and the words; "Photo not found" and "Click for Photos" (which I do and nothing happens): any more suggestions please....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi 335 people!
I just bought an ext cab '10 Colorado in great shape, but with a destroyed interior. I've gone through and replaced everything except the dash, headliner, rear panel and main harness/modules.
Also just scored a set of cloth fronts from a H3.. Power Driver / Manual Passenger... I currently have a 60/40 bench and am about to do the swap.
The power portion is pretty straightforward and seems independent of the main harness, similar to an audio amp. I do not need power for passenger movement, just sensors only.No heat on either.
It looks like the sensor swap is a little tougher. Is there any way to find the photos from the OP?..I am specifically interested in the wiring portion more so but any advice/pointers are appreciated.
There should be Buckle, Airbag (SIR) and Position sensors connected from what I gather. Does anyone know if the H3 sensors are usable with a rewire?
I have a background/education in electronics and would be happy to contribute to the community. Planning on a remote start and audio goodies eventually, possible how-to's..
Lots of great info here..Having a lot of fun modding and repairing my truck (y), good to do something constructive during these times.
Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Have same setup (power/manual) in my 2010. No pictures, but as I recall, I could not use H3 sensors, had to transfer everything over from old seats. Not real hard, just a little tight in there. Original seats were manual, so had to get power for driver, but passenger was straightforward. With your knowledge should be easy.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Colorado 2LT Crew Cab 5.3L
12 Posts
Just did this recently also, on my 2011 'rado.

Here it is complete.

Had to move some of the sensors over, and the seat belts buckles.

Here's the passenger side wiring from my old seat (manual 60/40 bench), and the underside of the H3 passenger.
Below is the end result after swapping it over.

Really wasn't too bad. I was most nervous about removing the seat 'skin' to get to the sensors....but that was really the easy part.

I still have to wire them up....I gathered all the materials, just need to find time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got this wrapped up, Seats are installed. Thanks for the help.
I did find that the position sensors on the H3 seats had the same Part # as the Colorado sensors "25832042" (The part # on the sensor itself not the bracket)
I plugged the Colorado seat harness into the position sensor on the H3 drivers power seat and it worked just fine.
The Passenger manual H3 seat actually had the studs for the 2x 13mm bolts on the top of the seat track and the same metal slider for the sensor to detect.
So, the Colo Pass. position sensor bolted directly onto the H3 seat. And I have all sensors properly working with no lights or codes.
Also, the H3 Passenger seat occupancy sensor had a different part # but looked identical, I didn't chance it and used the Colo one.
I have a 2010 so, not sure if this is the case for every year. Hope this might help anyone that wants to keep all of the safety sensors operating properly.

TOP - H3 DRIVERS POWER POSITION SENSOR w bracket
BOTTOM - COLO PASSENGER MANUAL POS SENSOR w bracket

LAST, Here is a side by side of the 2 Passenger seats, The colo pos sensor will bolt directly onto the H3 seat in the same location (Colo seat on L)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have pics from the original tutorial? It looks like they're all gone. Someone offered me a great deal on some power seats, but I'm hesitant to bite without knowing what I'm getting into

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are there any photos of the rear Hummer seats being installed in a crew cab? I know this has done before and a bracket is usually fabricated. Curious to see what others have done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disclaimer
"Please use caution and seek professional assistance when necessary. 355nations.com, myself and all associated members are not responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm which may occur with this modification. This post does not reflect the views of 355nations.com and it's ownership." Before attempting this modification, it is advised to verify your Colorado or Canyon service manual or a certified mechanic, as not all GMT 355's are the same!

A 355nation (MTS) presented by
supermodulation

Project Name
How-to Install Hummer H3 Power Heated Leather Seats & Armrest

Project Description
How To Install Hummer H3 Power Heated Leather Seats with H3 Leather armrest in to a Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon, GMT355 vehicle platform and retain OEM air bags system.

Skill Level
3 out of 5

Project Vehicle
Make: GMC
Model: Canyon SLE 4wd
Year: 2006
Engine: 3.5L
Power windows: Yes
Sun Roof: No

Tool Needed
Tools:
18 mm socket for seat bolts.
T50 Torque driver for seat belt buckles.
Wire strippers/crimper's

Materials:
Electrical tape
Wire loom
25 ft. of red 10 gauge wire.
25 ft. of brown 16 gauge wire.
1 x 40 amp mini fuse.
2 x 25 amp mini fuse.
3 inline heavy duty mini fuse holders.

Project Time
3 hour or less

Project Cost
$600.00

I am having trouble seeing the photo provided... anyway you can send them to my email... just bought some super mint hummer seats just need some help wiring them up. (Email: [email protected])

281 - 300 of 303 Posts